Sunday 29 May 2011

Healthy One-Dish Meal

I am going to modify a dish I have taken over the pass three days, Mee Siam!

I can add more leafy vegetables into my Mee Siam, and add more bean sprouts into the dish. This can increase my dietary fibre intake (which I need to take more based on the Food Intake Assessment) and at the same time increase my calcium intake. 

Also, by using less oil and salt, I can also cut down on my sodium intake and total fat intake. 
I can also add in more natural flavouring such as herbs and spices like lemon grass, garlic, onions, etc. This can reduce my sodium intake and have my Mee Siam flavourful yet healthy at the same time! 

Also, to keep my cholesterol level at a healthy level, I can remove the egg yolk from the egg as these contain cholesterol. Instead, I can just consume the egg white (:


No comments:

Post a Comment